Mpow Armor BT Speakers - under £30!

edited October 2015 in Reviews
This speaker is impressive to say the least. The quality of the speaker is much better than I first expected.

The build quality of the Mpow Armor Bluetooth Speaker is extremely good. It is made of a strong plastic that has a rubbery feel. It seems very rugged and can take a few bumps without breaking. The buttons on the speaker are really tactile; it is actually a rather nice feeling when you press them. This item it also waterproof, but I haven’t tested this. However, it is nice to know that if you did accidentally spill water on it or something, it would still work fine.

Pairing the speaker to my phone was simple. All you have to do is press the power button for about 4 seconds (until the LED flashes blue and red alternatively), and then go to your phone settings and connect to the mpow Armor. Once it is connected the speaker will make a beep noise to let you know the connection was successful. Also, I had tested with a Bluetooth Adapter  on my PC which also connected just fine.

As not all devices support Bluetooth, another great addition was the AUX (3.5mm) output under the USB AUX flap and the flat 3.5mm cable. This allows me to use the speaker with my TV and it was a great improvement over the integrated speakers. 

The sound quality of the speaker is AMAZING! The sound, even at the loudest volume, is not tinny at all. The sound coming out of the speaker is clear and the bass is very good. Also, as it is stereo it sounds much better than the quiet tinny mono speakers of my OnePlus 2.

The battery inside the Armor is a 1000mAh Lithium Ion rechargeable battery. It lasts me a couple of days before it needs to be recharged. Also, the battery inside can be used to charge your smart phone at 5V 1A. If you find yourself in a situation where you need to make a quick /emergency phone call and your phone’s battery has died, this can be used. However, as it is only 1000mAh, you will not be able to fully charge your phone.

The speaker is quite small and lightweight, so you can easily take it anywhere with you. Two improvements that I would like to suggest are: increasing the battery size to 1500-2000mAh so it lasts longer; and rather than having it as orange and black, it would be better if it was all black or black and white as orange may not be that many people’s preferred colour.

In conclusion, I think that the Mpow speakers are amazing and impressive, and that they cannot be faulted. There are a few improvements that could possibly be made, but they do not affect the quality/functionality of the product.